Many of my clients have been asking about a summer reading list to keep them thinking about what is possible for them in their lives this summer, so I put together a short list of my favorite, enjoyable “beach reads” on the subjects that we touch on in our sessions. Whether you’re a current client, or new to the world of coaching, all of these will give you ample food for thought.
If you’re looking for a quick and dirty, but poignant, overview of foundational principles of living a life of ease and authenticity:
- The 4 Agreements By Don Miguel Ruiz
If you’re looking for a spiritual/buddhist take on fear by one of the most accessible and compelling spiritual teachers:
- When Things Fall Apart and Taking the Leap by Pema Chodron.
If you’re looking for a profound thematic compilation of wisdom and thoughts on living from many current thinkers, taken from her many, many interviews over the years:
- Becoming Wise by Krista Tippett
- Finding Your North Star By Martha Beck
- Playing Big By Tara Sophia Mohr
- I Need Your Love…Is That True? By Byron Katie
If you’re looking for a 12-week workshop style, step-by-step guide to uncovering your creativity, the bible is:
- The Artist’s Way By Julia Cameron
- “On Being” weekly podcast by Krista Tippett
For ongoing reading of essays on life and living from vastly varied and cross-category sources (weekly newsletter recommended):